Meet Jim…

A guy at work you know has been training hard for the last few months.

It’s clear to everyone that he had a good few pounds to lose and this time he seems to have the bit between his teeth.

He is making great progress; the weight seems to be almost dropping off him.

A friend from another company hasn’t seen “Jim” for 3 or 4 months and is literally shocked when he sees him. “I barely recognized you mate, you look fantastic. What on earth have you been doing?”

Jim has a massive reason “WHY”.

He had a health check about 6 months ago and had a bit of a scare. It was nothing too major and nothing that a good diet and training couldn’t clear up but enough for him to take it serious this time.

He’s been working with a trainer three times per week and he has followed the diet he was given 90% of the time. The other 10% was when he forgot to bring his food with him and the odd few times where he thought “F**k it”.

But the very next day he’s back with his home cooked food, the food he knows will get him results.

Jim then experiences something very common.

The guy at work that says he is losing too much weight.

The guy that says “you are looking a bit drawn in the face buddy, maybe take it easy a bit” or what about the girl that told him” don’t get too skinny now, it makes you look older”

Unfortunately these people have what I like to call “Get off your fat arse you lazy, jealous, envious, git-itis syndrome”

Ever heard of it?

It’s a real condition known to PT’s across the world.

You see whenever someone has success in anything in this world, whether its losing weight, making more money, gaining a promotion or anything else you can think of, the other people around them have two choices.

Either they congratulate them and decide to step their game up (if they want to of course) or, pull that person back to where they currently are.

That gap begins to feel very wide.

Success can make others around you feel very uncomfortable.

Uncomfortable in the fact that they now have to take action themselves. It’s a lot easier to pull the person down than take that action so a lot of the time, that’s what someone will do.

They may not even be aware that they are doing it as much of it is on a subconscious level.

They may even think they are helping the person.

It’s primal.

They can’t help it.

Look out for it.

It’s everywhere…

Of course Jim doesn’t look drawn in the face and you can bet your last cream cheese bagel that losing weight won’t make him look older.

“It’s taken years off me”, Jim says…

He is sleeping better, his energy is up and his strength has gone through the roof and for the first time in a long time he can see real muscle definition all over his body.

He feels like a fucking lion.

If he was in sub-Saharan Africa right now he would take down a rhino just for fun, screw the antelope. Leave that to the cubs.

Or the Mrs.

His trousers are dropping off him. Damn, he needs a whole new wardrobe.

“It’s a nice problem to have”, he says to himself.

Indeed it is Sir.

He’s never felt this fit since he was in his 20’s (he’s 46) so “don’t you dare tell me I’m looking gaunt”

Nice story but “Jim” is a real person that trains with me at the moment.


he only fiction in this story is his name.Jim is what we call in this business “killing it”

I’m proud of Jim.

And the great thing is that we’ve only scratched the surface of where we can go with this.

The moral of the story is this.

If you see someone making radical changes in their health and in their life, encourage them, applaud them and even better still, join them on their journey.

If you have any negative thoughts towards that person, keep them to yourself.

Jim doesn’t want to hear them. He doesn’t deserve them and he sure as hell won’t allow them to slow him down so you are wasting your breath.

Until Friday…

Gav 🙂

PS. Be like Jim ===> Start your journey today

Newsletter signup

For more exclusive content, advice and motivation, subscribe to my newsletter below and receive my FREE report that reveals:
7 quick and easy ways to decrease stress, increase energy and have laser sharp focus all day long.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *